The mistake so many companies make is to fail to put themselves in the shoes of their potential customers. They are so focussed on telling people why they are better than the competition or why their product or service is so good.
Until you look at your campaigns from where your prospects are standing, you will never really understand how to win their hearts and minds…
Now I’m not suggesting that everything you are doing is poor – that would be insulting and almost wrong. But why not read through these twelve points and see if they touch a nerve…
If they do, why not come along to one of our upcoming events. More details at the end of this article.
- You think you need or ‘brand awareness’ advertising because that’s all the so-called ‘top guns’ use in their advertising. There is a lack of direct response advertising in your marketing mix.
- Do you ever offer compelling benefits that cause your prospect to want to do business with you instead of your competitor? No!
- You don’t use powerful, benefit driven headlines that literally stop your prospect in their tracks and draw them into the body of your ads.
- There’s a persistent failure to tell your prospects what’s in your offer for them. But you are happy to ramble on about your business and what you are trying to sell them.
- Are your prospects your friends? Do you really know them? You don’t talk to your prospects like you know them. You don’t get specific and don’t motivate them. As a result they think you are irrelevant.
- Your opening headlines don’t address your prospects needs, wants and desires. Any you’re too busy thinking about yourself or your company image! Remember, your prospect is only thinking of one thing only WIIFM (What’s In It For Me?)
- All too often, your ads are boring and dull and look like all the other hundreds of ads. Poor visuals fail to motivate your prospect to take ACTION. Why do you fail to use energetic, exciting, action words! You’re about as exciting as wet paint!
- Because you copy what everyone else is doing, or do as your ad agency tells you, your ads are full of “white space” which leaves little room to add any benefits. (The only thing your prospect is looking for). You never have ads with a lot of copy. It’s the copy your prospects want. Information is King!
- You don’t give specifics in your ads. Your prospects want exact numbers, percentages, results and testimonials. They want all the facts before they will make the decision to move towards a buying decision.
- You forget urgency and don’t give your prospects any reason to act on your offer NOW. Lay out a clear step-by-step process. Unless you tell them, they may not know what the next step is?
- You don’t see your marketing, sales and advertising as a total system. It’s this total system that can either make or break you as a profitable business. They are not separate functions, with separate goals.
- You focus on YOU, YOUR COMPANY, YOUR LOGO, YOUR CREDENTIALS, instead of focusing on what all of this can do for your prospect. What BENEFITS will them get if they buy with you?
Now you know the 12 reasons why maybe, some of the marketing campaigns you are running are yielding such poor responses! Why they are costing you and your company money EVERY TIME YOU RUN THEM!
Has this article got you thinking about your business and how you want to grab the reins and drive it forward but you struggle to find the time or feel that you lack the skills or knowledge to do so?
Are you looking at your screen wondering how or if Good2Great could possibly help you to build a better future for you and your company?
If so, why not check out free ways to learn more either in the fun but growth focussed ‘Friday Hub Zoom Room’ or let’s meet and chat about your business – it’s our passion after all! Just click this link, it will show you availability in my calendar – just grab a slot that suits you and it will automatically set up and schedule a Zoom meeting and send all the necessary invitations to calendars and email… https://bit.ly/meetingwithjohnny
OR – perhaps you’re still at the start of your business journey – check out Business Start Up Masterclasses