As the unsettling and confusing political news continues and some markets begin to stagnate and others become ever more volatile, we need to be careful that the tidal wave of negativity that threatens to drown us all, doesn’t.
It’s also important to be mindful that your employees might be getting a bit nervous about the year ahead too?
It is during uncertain times like these that your staff will appreciate clear leadership.
Here are 6 tips that you can use to ensure they keep their jobs and they work harder and smarter in your business:
1. bum up & head down: this is the time to knuckle down and contribute. Forget the demands for more Friday night drinks and staff discounts just do your job to the best of your ability. Head down,
2. Continue to invest in skills so everyone in the business is equipped to add value and contribute positively to the success of the business.
3. Teamwork: team players are vital, particularly in times when morale maybe low, so keep up your spirit and think of the team, not yourself.
4. Communications: stay close to what is happening in your business, look for areas of opportunity and areas for improvement. Put your hand up for difficult tasks. Managers/owners want to see employees roll up their sleeves not run and hide.
5. Lead: not in a style reminiscent of Mussolini, just lead by example.
6. Exceed Expectations: deliver what you say you will and even a bit more. If that means you have to put in extra then do it!
If you employ people, developing a ‘High Performance’ working environment is probably one of the most valuable projects you could be investing effort into right now.
Thanks for taking the time to read this article.
When you’re ready, why not schedule up a call with Johnny to discuss how to put the steps in place to accelerate your business growth plans.
A first chat costs nothing and we’re always keen to explore ways to help you achieve sustainable profitable growth…
Just click this link, it will show you availability in my calendar – just grab a slot that suits you and it will automatically set up and schedule a Zoom meeting and send all the necessary invitations to calendars and email…